Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 6, 2021
“Tazmanian Devil” is a Nigerian-American morality fable that might more accurately have been titled “How I Learned to Stop Preaching and Love the Frat.” It’s about a kid who moves in with his Nigerian pastor father so that he can … Continue reading
Lance Henriksen gives one of the great “rage, rage against the dying of the light” performances in Viggo Mortensen’s finely-crafted “Falling.” Playing a withered, half-demented old farmer whose cruel lashing-out torches all within reach, he puts an exclamation point on … Continue reading
Yes, the “hit-man thriller” is the most beaten-to-death genre in the cinema. Strangled, shot, stabbed and kicked to death as well. But “Flinch” throws a few curves and screwballs when it comes to the plate. It offers a surprise or … Continue reading