Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 6, 2021
“Tazmanian Devil” is a Nigerian-American morality fable that might more accurately have been titled “How I Learned to Stop Preaching and Love the Frat.” It’s about a kid who moves in with his Nigerian pastor father so that he can … Continue reading
Lance Henriksen gives one of the great “rage, rage against the dying of the light” performances in Viggo Mortensen’s finely-crafted “Falling.” Playing a withered, half-demented old farmer whose cruel lashing-out torches all within reach, he puts an exclamation point on … Continue reading
Yes, the “hit-man thriller” is the most beaten-to-death genre in the cinema. Strangled, shot, stabbed and kicked to death as well. But “Flinch” throws a few curves and screwballs when it comes to the plate. It offers a surprise or … Continue reading