Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Same old "Top Gun," Same old "Maverick"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2021
One hundred and twenty-seven years of boxing pictures, and a little indie film comes along and shows us the ring in ways we haven’t seen before. “In Full Bloom” is a patient, simple post-war parable of fighters — cultures in … Continue reading
Serj Tankian is one of those rock stars who has decided to use his fame and his voice to speak out on political issues he finds important. The lead singer for the LA metal band System of a Down is … Continue reading
A compelling lead who looks a little like Lady Day and sounds a lot like her, even when she sings, and a story with all the pathos built into it makes for a generally compelling screen biography of jazz icon … Continue reading
What fresh MERDE is this? A manic, gasping coke-fueled farce, “The Misadventures of Hedi and Cokeman” is the French anti-stoner comedy. As in, Cheech & Chong and Harold & Kumar never ever got this worked up. Raging, guffawing, punching and … Continue reading