Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2021
One hundred and twenty-seven years of boxing pictures, and a little indie film comes along and shows us the ring in ways we haven’t seen before. “In Full Bloom” is a patient, simple post-war parable of fighters — cultures in … Continue reading
Serj Tankian is one of those rock stars who has decided to use his fame and his voice to speak out on political issues he finds important. The lead singer for the LA metal band System of a Down is … Continue reading
A compelling lead who looks a little like Lady Day and sounds a lot like her, even when she sings, and a story with all the pathos built into it makes for a generally compelling screen biography of jazz icon … Continue reading
What fresh MERDE is this? A manic, gasping coke-fueled farce, “The Misadventures of Hedi and Cokeman” is the French anti-stoner comedy. As in, Cheech & Chong and Harold & Kumar never ever got this worked up. Raging, guffawing, punching and … Continue reading