Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "The 49th Parallel"(1941) reminds us Nazis aren't "very fine people"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 21, 2017
Pixar’s John Lasseter: Another Hollywood “Inappropriate” Hugger?
When I saw the trending headline “Lasseter Takes Leave of Absence Over Missteps,” my first thought was “On no, Disney/Pixar’s pre-releasing testing suggests ‘Coco’ will flop.” And then, of course, the mind runs to how that could be? It’s their … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Pixar’s John Lasseter: Another Hollywood “Inappropriate” Hugger?
Movie Review: “The Disaster Artist” Gives His All, and Still makes an Awful Movie
Everything James Franco has done with his life, his work and his fame up until now reveals its purpose in “The Disaster Artist.” Backing into stardom, passing himself off as a polymath — acting, writing fiction, directing, taking classes here, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Disaster Artist” Gives His All, and Still makes an Awful Movie