Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 6, 2017
Remember all that fuss, the actors who quit “Fifty Shades of Grey” before the cameras rolled? Whatever the financial payoff, three films into this franchise have proven this much. The sterile, kinky female wish fulfillment fantasy trilogy hasn’t made stars … Continue reading
Two children, separated by half a century, experience the marvels of the Big City as they explore it, alone, in “Wonderstruck,” Todd Haynes’ fanciful film of the Brian Selznick novel. Adults are invited to tap into the … Continue reading
In the interest of transparency, and perhaps to avoid shipping out another form email to a studio publicist irate over which “embargo” they’ve placed on whatever movie they have entering the marketplace, let me put a few thoughts down here … Continue reading