Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 17, 2017
Second trailer, fun clash between primitive man and Bronze Age Man. Great voices (Eddie Redmayne, Oscar winner), Maisie Williams, Tom Hiddleston, Richard Ayoade, Timothy Spall. Watch for the “Jurassic Pork” gag. Feb. 15 for this one.
“Around Alone” is a solo sailboat race around the world that’s gone under a variety of names over the decades. But one name stands out in its history, Donald Crowhurst. And not because he was a winner, either. Oscar winner … Continue reading
Tear-jerkers are always manipulative movies, and “Wonder” is no different. But tear-jerkers (weepers, if you prefer) that earn those tears honestly are a cut above mere manipulation. And “Wonder,” through depictions of the burdens shouldered by its characters, through jolting … Continue reading
“The Star” is a tepid comic re-telling of the Nativity Story as seen through the eyes of the talking, joking, saving-the-day animals who accompany Mary and Joseph, and the Three Magi, to Bethlehem. The animation is stunning as befits the … Continue reading
A Mexican boy needs the help of his ancestors to realize his dream of becoming a famous mariachi in “Coco,” an enchanting musical and the most charming Pixar movie in years. And how does a Mexican lad confer with, debate … Continue reading