Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 17, 2017
Second trailer, fun clash between primitive man and Bronze Age Man. Great voices (Eddie Redmayne, Oscar winner), Maisie Williams, Tom Hiddleston, Richard Ayoade, Timothy Spall. Watch for the “Jurassic Pork” gag. Feb. 15 for this one.
“Around Alone” is a solo sailboat race around the world that’s gone under a variety of names over the decades. But one name stands out in its history, Donald Crowhurst. And not because he was a winner, either. Oscar winner … Continue reading
Tear-jerkers are always manipulative movies, and “Wonder” is no different. But tear-jerkers (weepers, if you prefer) that earn those tears honestly are a cut above mere manipulation. And “Wonder,” through depictions of the burdens shouldered by its characters, through jolting … Continue reading
“The Star” is a tepid comic re-telling of the Nativity Story as seen through the eyes of the talking, joking, saving-the-day animals who accompany Mary and Joseph, and the Three Magi, to Bethlehem. The animation is stunning as befits the … Continue reading
A Mexican boy needs the help of his ancestors to realize his dream of becoming a famous mariachi in “Coco,” an enchanting musical and the most charming Pixar movie in years. And how does a Mexican lad confer with, debate … Continue reading