Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Dorff grieves and reasons out a supernatural mystery in “Don’t Go”
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Ritchie and Statham take on a vengeance thriller -- "Wrath of Man"
- Movie Review: Beware the main course at "The Dinner Party"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: "Cerebrum" is sci-fi of the brain-damaged variety
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 17, 2017
Second trailer, fun clash between primitive man and Bronze Age Man. Great voices (Eddie Redmayne, Oscar winner), Maisie Williams, Tom Hiddleston, Richard Ayoade, Timothy Spall. Watch for the “Jurassic Pork” gag. Feb. 15 for this one.
“Around Alone” is a solo sailboat race around the world that’s gone under a variety of names over the decades. But one name stands out in its history, Donald Crowhurst. And not because he was a winner, either. Oscar winner … Continue reading
Tear-jerkers are always manipulative movies, and “Wonder” is no different. But tear-jerkers (weepers, if you prefer) that earn those tears honestly are a cut above mere manipulation. And “Wonder,” through depictions of the burdens shouldered by its characters, through jolting … Continue reading
“The Star” is a tepid comic re-telling of the Nativity Story as seen through the eyes of the talking, joking, saving-the-day animals who accompany Mary and Joseph, and the Three Magi, to Bethlehem. The animation is stunning as befits the … Continue reading
A Mexican boy needs the help of his ancestors to realize his dream of becoming a famous mariachi in “Coco,” an enchanting musical and the most charming Pixar movie in years. And how does a Mexican lad confer with, debate … Continue reading