Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 15, 2017
There’s something about the “new girl” in school that makes us wary. The hair may be dyed blonde with streaks of pink, the shorts cut-off in that timeless teen “bad girl” fashion. But she’s utterly unquestioning when Beaver (Daniel Webber) … Continue reading
Victoria Negri‘s “Gold Star” is a simple you’ve-got-to-come-home-again tale of a daughter forced to leave her life in the Big City to go back and take care of her infirm father. It’s no shock that “Vicki,” the character Negri wrote … Continue reading
You know the bar’s been lowered by a genre, a franchise and a studio’s difficulties in a genre when “Justice League” gets a lot “Well, not BAD for Warner Brothers” reviews. What promises to be a “Wonder Woman” sized blockbuster … Continue reading
If nothing else had happened at the movies this year, 2017 would still go down as that moment when Warner Brothers finally achieved parity — at least in tone and quality — with the Marvel men and women in tights. … Continue reading