Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 3, 2017
“Thor: Ragnarok” is the best-reviewed Marvel movie. Ever. On Rottentomatoes, anyway. On the more discerning and nuanced Metacritic, most everyone still says they liked it. “Love?” Let’s not get carried away, here. As many have pointed out, it makes little … Continue reading
Greta Gerwig has matured out of playing the adorable, quirky, self-absorbed with self-invention young women of “Hannah Takes the Stairs” and “Damsels in Distress.” In film after film, she’s let us see the social;y striving — posh, put-on accents, affected … Continue reading