Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 11, 2017
Preview: Aspiring journalist risks all to write about “The Pirates of Somalia”
Evan Peters stars in a film, based on a true story, of an aspiring journalist who heads to the Horn of Africa (pre-“Captain Phillips”) to make his name writing about the lawless state of Somalia. VERY impressive supporting cast for … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Preview: Aspiring journalist risks all to write about “The Pirates of Somalia”
Box Office: “Thor” hammers in another $54 million, “Orient Express” impresses with $28, “Daddy’s Home Two” $27
“Thor: Ragnarok” has revived 2017’s box office fortunes, pretty much single hammer-handedly, hurtling over $200 million on its second weekend of release. Spending a little money on the Nordic blond has paid off, in spades– $54 million more, this weekend. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Thor” hammers in another $54 million, “Orient Express” impresses with $28, “Daddy’s Home Two” $27