Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2017
Leave it to a Canadian to find humor in the horrors of the endless strife in perpetually poor Somalia. But Jay Badahur was nothing if not an optimist when he, as aspiring journalist with no training and just “an obsession … Continue reading
“Foxtrot” is a mordant allegory of military service, generational guilt and the wrenching grief of losing a child, an Israeli drama that could have been dreamed up by Samuel Beckett. A tale told in three acts connected by the dance … Continue reading
The impersonal, easily-hoaxed nature of our digital existence is lightly sent up in “People You May Know,” a romance set in the age of Google. It’s a Facebook/Snapchat/Twitter zeitgeist film built around “What can we really know about a person … Continue reading