Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Bingeworthy? "Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2017
Leave it to a Canadian to find humor in the horrors of the endless strife in perpetually poor Somalia. But Jay Badahur was nothing if not an optimist when he, as aspiring journalist with no training and just “an obsession … Continue reading
“Foxtrot” is a mordant allegory of military service, generational guilt and the wrenching grief of losing a child, an Israeli drama that could have been dreamed up by Samuel Beckett. A tale told in three acts connected by the dance … Continue reading
The impersonal, easily-hoaxed nature of our digital existence is lightly sent up in “People You May Know,” a romance set in the age of Google. It’s a Facebook/Snapchat/Twitter zeitgeist film built around “What can we really know about a person … Continue reading