Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Bingeworthy? "Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 1, 2017
The first “Saw” movie had a minimalist sophistication — strangers, waking up together, presented with life-or-death choices as an unseen tormentor sat in judgement of whether they were fit to live. Everything that followed, sequels and the whole “torture porn” … Continue reading
Now that Halloween has passed, it’s not too early for Hollywood to unleash its first Christmas comedy. But there’s never a good time to release a bad one. Nothing like celebrating the holidays with a puerile, sentimental and foul-mouthed slapstick … Continue reading
Lyndon Johnson was a tall man, 6’4.” He had a habit of leaning into colleagues and subordinates, towering over them, intimidating even in the friendliest of circumstances. And as he had a temper and a mania for hard work, wheeling … Continue reading