Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Keira and Carrie play the reporters who name the "Boston Strangler"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 28, 2015
Movie Review: “Maya the Bee Movie”
A one-hundred year-old German children’s book earns a fresh big screen treatment in “Maya the Bee Movie,” a joint German/Australian/Belgian production that fills a few screens in the lull between major studio computer-generated cartoons. “Maya” is about a plucky, non-conformist … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Maya the Bee Movie”
Movie Review: “Private Number”
Most movie reviews treat you to that telling moment when a perhaps promising comedy, thriller or drama goes wrong. Unless, of course, the script, direction or performances never take a false step. But it’s easier to talk about “Private Number” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews Comments Off on Movie Review: “Private Number”
Movie Review: “Welcome to Me”
Our post-“Bridesmaids” love affair with Kristen Wiig has been tested a few times in the eccentric choices in roles she’s done since, but never moreso than with “Welcome to Me.” The quirky, clueless Plain Jane self-absorption thing that tested our … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Welcome to Me”