Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 22, 2015
You have never seen Arnold Schwarzenegger the way you see him in “Maggie.” Compassionate, sad, he’s the father of a college age daughter (Abigail Breslin) who has to watch her decline after she is infected in the global “necro-virus” that … Continue reading
Racism and faith, hatred and friendship, bullying and war, atomic bombs and the consequences of using them — heavy stuff to pack into a faith-based film. And one aimed at children. “Little Boy” is loaded with weighty subjects and teachable … Continue reading
You see “Valhalla” in the title, you meet a young meth addict who dies “the Viking way.” There’s a spacey/druggie personal trainer moved to learn archery who hallucinates an order to “build an ark.” So unless you’re movie-math illiterate, you … Continue reading
Hollywood long ago ceded “love that stands the test of time” to the realm of science fiction and fantasy, so “The Age of Adaline” falls neatly into a genre that includes “The Time Traveler’s Wife,” “About Time,” and even “Somewhere … Continue reading
The century-old open wound of Gallipoli, Australia’s ill-fated entry into World War I, makes a vivid and grim backdrop for Russell Crowe’s “The Water Diviner,” a sensitive and sentimental story about a grieving father looking for the bodies of the … Continue reading