Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 22, 2015
You have never seen Arnold Schwarzenegger the way you see him in “Maggie.” Compassionate, sad, he’s the father of a college age daughter (Abigail Breslin) who has to watch her decline after she is infected in the global “necro-virus” that … Continue reading
Racism and faith, hatred and friendship, bullying and war, atomic bombs and the consequences of using them — heavy stuff to pack into a faith-based film. And one aimed at children. “Little Boy” is loaded with weighty subjects and teachable … Continue reading
You see “Valhalla” in the title, you meet a young meth addict who dies “the Viking way.” There’s a spacey/druggie personal trainer moved to learn archery who hallucinates an order to “build an ark.” So unless you’re movie-math illiterate, you … Continue reading
Hollywood long ago ceded “love that stands the test of time” to the realm of science fiction and fantasy, so “The Age of Adaline” falls neatly into a genre that includes “The Time Traveler’s Wife,” “About Time,” and even “Somewhere … Continue reading
The century-old open wound of Gallipoli, Australia’s ill-fated entry into World War I, makes a vivid and grim backdrop for Russell Crowe’s “The Water Diviner,” a sensitive and sentimental story about a grieving father looking for the bodies of the … Continue reading