Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2015
“So you are an artist,” an Iranian member of the Basij, the country’s paramilitary morality police, hisses at the hero of “Desert Dancer,” who is about to be punished. “Beat him…artistically!” You have to get by the occasional risible moment … Continue reading
The pretty coed doesn’t want to go, doesn’t see herself “as a rodeo gal.” But her sorority sisters insist she ogle the “easy on the eyes” cowboys with them. He rides a bull, falls off and loses his hat. She … Continue reading
“Ex Machina” is an “Island of Dr. Moreau” for the singularity era. It’s a cerebral, chilling and austere thriller that stokes our fears about digital privacy and artificial intelligence, a film that works largely thanks to a breakout mechanically empathetic … Continue reading