Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: The beautifully-filmed ugly history of "Antebellum"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: Documentary celebrates the jurist, the icon, the woman with the Rap Name Notorious "RBG"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2015
“So you are an artist,” an Iranian member of the Basij, the country’s paramilitary morality police, hisses at the hero of “Desert Dancer,” who is about to be punished. “Beat him…artistically!” You have to get by the occasional risible moment … Continue reading
The pretty coed doesn’t want to go, doesn’t see herself “as a rodeo gal.” But her sorority sisters insist she ogle the “easy on the eyes” cowboys with them. He rides a bull, falls off and loses his hat. She … Continue reading
“Ex Machina” is an “Island of Dr. Moreau” for the singularity era. It’s a cerebral, chilling and austere thriller that stokes our fears about digital privacy and artificial intelligence, a film that works largely thanks to a breakout mechanically empathetic … Continue reading