Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 7, 2015
“Kill Me Three Times” is a grimly amusing Australian thriller in the “Blood Simple” mold, for those who know their early Coen Brothers history. And if your memories of that film noir classic aren’t the sharpest, “Three Times” is so … Continue reading
No leap of faith or sudden spiritual conversion brought Cora to the dial-a-prayer call center in suburban Detroit. A judge made that her community service sentence. Because Cora made a big mistake, one with religious implications. She doesn’t “believe.” Her … Continue reading