Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 7, 2015
“Kill Me Three Times” is a grimly amusing Australian thriller in the “Blood Simple” mold, for those who know their early Coen Brothers history. And if your memories of that film noir classic aren’t the sharpest, “Three Times” is so … Continue reading
No leap of faith or sudden spiritual conversion brought Cora to the dial-a-prayer call center in suburban Detroit. A judge made that her community service sentence. Because Cora made a big mistake, one with religious implications. She doesn’t “believe.” Her … Continue reading