Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 21, 2015
The mysterious and cryptic early talk about Disney’s “Tomorrowland” (May 22) is that it connected with early ideas that Walt Disney himself had — notes — about the Tomorrowland part of the theme parks, and a possible movie tied into … Continue reading
Every girl, Disney has always told us, wants that slipper to fit. And with a new generation indoctrinated thanks to the latest “Cinderella,” that taste for tiaras isn’t going away any time soon. Nor, it would appear, is the story … Continue reading
Blake Lively on getting older, figuring out which decades fashions work for her in “The Age of Adaline”
Blake Lively says she loves the idea of getting older. The original “Gossip Girl” has gone on the record about enjoying aging out of girlhood. But in youth-obsessed Hollywood, married to Ryan Reynolds in a wedding featured in Martha Stewart’s … Continue reading
“Adult Beginners” started life as a showcase for comic writer-actor Nick Kroll, who concocted the story. But any notion that the star of “Kroll Show” might reinvent himself with this film goes out the window when first we meet Jake, … Continue reading
The French kidnapping thriller “24 Days” is a true story, an opening narration tells us (in French, with English subtitles), “all too true.” It’s about the disappearance of a handsome young womanizer, nabbed by men in cahoots with a temptress … Continue reading