Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 21, 2015
The mysterious and cryptic early talk about Disney’s “Tomorrowland” (May 22) is that it connected with early ideas that Walt Disney himself had — notes — about the Tomorrowland part of the theme parks, and a possible movie tied into … Continue reading
Every girl, Disney has always told us, wants that slipper to fit. And with a new generation indoctrinated thanks to the latest “Cinderella,” that taste for tiaras isn’t going away any time soon. Nor, it would appear, is the story … Continue reading
Blake Lively on getting older, figuring out which decades fashions work for her in “The Age of Adaline”
Blake Lively says she loves the idea of getting older. The original “Gossip Girl” has gone on the record about enjoying aging out of girlhood. But in youth-obsessed Hollywood, married to Ryan Reynolds in a wedding featured in Martha Stewart’s … Continue reading
“Adult Beginners” started life as a showcase for comic writer-actor Nick Kroll, who concocted the story. But any notion that the star of “Kroll Show” might reinvent himself with this film goes out the window when first we meet Jake, … Continue reading
The French kidnapping thriller “24 Days” is a true story, an opening narration tells us (in French, with English subtitles), “all too true.” It’s about the disappearance of a handsome young womanizer, nabbed by men in cahoots with a temptress … Continue reading