Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 21, 2015
The mysterious and cryptic early talk about Disney’s “Tomorrowland” (May 22) is that it connected with early ideas that Walt Disney himself had — notes — about the Tomorrowland part of the theme parks, and a possible movie tied into … Continue reading
Every girl, Disney has always told us, wants that slipper to fit. And with a new generation indoctrinated thanks to the latest “Cinderella,” that taste for tiaras isn’t going away any time soon. Nor, it would appear, is the story … Continue reading
Blake Lively on getting older, figuring out which decades fashions work for her in “The Age of Adaline”
Blake Lively says she loves the idea of getting older. The original “Gossip Girl” has gone on the record about enjoying aging out of girlhood. But in youth-obsessed Hollywood, married to Ryan Reynolds in a wedding featured in Martha Stewart’s … Continue reading
“Adult Beginners” started life as a showcase for comic writer-actor Nick Kroll, who concocted the story. But any notion that the star of “Kroll Show” might reinvent himself with this film goes out the window when first we meet Jake, … Continue reading
The French kidnapping thriller “24 Days” is a true story, an opening narration tells us (in French, with English subtitles), “all too true.” It’s about the disappearance of a handsome young womanizer, nabbed by men in cahoots with a temptress … Continue reading