Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2015
Movie Review: The history of music’s “New Romantics” is explored in “Soul Boys of the Western World”
Spandau Ballet launched the “New Romantics” movement in pop’s New Wave, the music that blended punk and disco and fashion and paved the way for the “hair metal” and hip hop that followed as reactions to it. But Duran Duran, … Continue reading
Charlotte Gainsbourg has always had a flinch in her acting, a twitch that suggests she’s bracing for that next blow — physical or psychological. It made her the perfect Jane Eyre, perfect as Sean Penn’s I-know-he’ll-leave-me wife in “21 Grams,” … Continue reading