Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2015
Movie Review: The history of music’s “New Romantics” is explored in “Soul Boys of the Western World”
Spandau Ballet launched the “New Romantics” movement in pop’s New Wave, the music that blended punk and disco and fashion and paved the way for the “hair metal” and hip hop that followed as reactions to it. But Duran Duran, … Continue reading
Charlotte Gainsbourg has always had a flinch in her acting, a twitch that suggests she’s bracing for that next blow — physical or psychological. It made her the perfect Jane Eyre, perfect as Sean Penn’s I-know-he’ll-leave-me wife in “21 Grams,” … Continue reading