Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 6, 2015
The early days of Liberia’s long civil war provide the backdrop to “Freetown,” a modestly-budgeted odyssey about Mormon missionaries fleeing the country for neighboring Sierra Leone. It’s 1989, and rebels are hunting anyone from the Krahn tribe, carrying up summary … Continue reading