Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2014
The $billion dollar “Transformers” franchise returns to screens with no Shia, no Megan Fox, no Turturro or any of the humans from the first three films. New lead, Mark Wahlberg, new younger short-short wearing hottie, Nicola Peltz. Better, more legible … Continue reading
Antonio is a balding, 40ish English teacher in 1960s Spain. Franco and his fascists are still in power, and the burden of that oppressive rule is felt throughout the culture — nuns quick to slap students at his school, quicker … Continue reading
You may feel you’re a better person, just for having watched “Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon.” Gordon, personal manager to musicians, celebrity chefs and film royalty such as Michael Douglas and Sylvester Stallone, and friend to everybody, especially the … Continue reading