Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2014
Whatever charms turned the musical “Jersey Boys” into a Tony winning Broadway hit are sorely missed in Clint Eastwood’s tone deaf corpse of a movie. Late to the game, blandly cast and scripted with every Italian American cliche in the … Continue reading
The Paul Haggis drama “Third Person” is, like his Oscar-winning “Crash,” a series of interlocking stories. Each is fascinating , or at least interesting its own right. Each is cast with more than capable actors.Like “Crash,” the conceit that ties … Continue reading
It helps, when you’re a movie star, to be what they call “Movie Star Handsome.”But don’t tell that to Guy Pearce. A leading man, oft-employed as a dashing cad (“The King’s Speech”) or chiseled villain (“Iron Man 3”), he still … Continue reading
“Vanda” stumbles into the theater from off the street, drenched from a French cloudburst.She curses, stumbles about, pleads. Can’t she get an audition? Thomas, the adapter/director, has just gotten off the phone, griping to his fiancee that he cannot cast … Continue reading