Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review: "Pray for Rain," but wear your waders
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2014
Whatever charms turned the musical “Jersey Boys” into a Tony winning Broadway hit are sorely missed in Clint Eastwood’s tone deaf corpse of a movie. Late to the game, blandly cast and scripted with every Italian American cliche in the … Continue reading
The Paul Haggis drama “Third Person” is, like his Oscar-winning “Crash,” a series of interlocking stories. Each is fascinating , or at least interesting its own right. Each is cast with more than capable actors.Like “Crash,” the conceit that ties … Continue reading
It helps, when you’re a movie star, to be what they call “Movie Star Handsome.”But don’t tell that to Guy Pearce. A leading man, oft-employed as a dashing cad (“The King’s Speech”) or chiseled villain (“Iron Man 3”), he still … Continue reading
“Vanda” stumbles into the theater from off the street, drenched from a French cloudburst.She curses, stumbles about, pleads. Can’t she get an audition? Thomas, the adapter/director, has just gotten off the phone, griping to his fiancee that he cannot cast … Continue reading