Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2014
Whatever charms turned the musical “Jersey Boys” into a Tony winning Broadway hit are sorely missed in Clint Eastwood’s tone deaf corpse of a movie. Late to the game, blandly cast and scripted with every Italian American cliche in the … Continue reading
The Paul Haggis drama “Third Person” is, like his Oscar-winning “Crash,” a series of interlocking stories. Each is fascinating , or at least interesting its own right. Each is cast with more than capable actors.Like “Crash,” the conceit that ties … Continue reading
It helps, when you’re a movie star, to be what they call “Movie Star Handsome.”But don’t tell that to Guy Pearce. A leading man, oft-employed as a dashing cad (“The King’s Speech”) or chiseled villain (“Iron Man 3”), he still … Continue reading
“Vanda” stumbles into the theater from off the street, drenched from a French cloudburst.She curses, stumbles about, pleads. Can’t she get an audition? Thomas, the adapter/director, has just gotten off the phone, griping to his fiancee that he cannot cast … Continue reading