Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? "Deviant Love" defies its titillating title
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: You just never know how much "The Night Clerk" sees
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: Run and hide "Sunday Girl"
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2014
“The Human Race” is one of those “don’t get too attached to anybody” horror pictures, a lower-than-low budget variation of every race/chase/pick’em off, one-by-one horror tale since Edgar Allan Poe invented the genre and Agatha Christie perfected it. But for … Continue reading
“Unsustainable” has become our watchword for a bubble about to burst, a system — financial, climatological or health care — on the brink of collapse.The experts in “Ivory Tower” use it, with varying degrees of alarm, to describe the state … Continue reading
Rare is the end-of-life melodrama that doesn’t traffic in “Disease of the Week/Weeper of the Week” cliches. “Lullaby” certainly does. But this terminal illness tale rises above the form, mainly thanks to a stellar cast and a refusal to drift … Continue reading