Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2014
Sequels, as “22 Jump Street” joked, are always “the same, only worse.”So any pretense of insight into the battle of the sexes and any real connection to stand-up comic turned self-appointed relationships expert Steve Harvey’s book, “Act Like a Lady, … Continue reading
Google the phrase “Abortion Comedy” and all the entries point you to one film — “Obvious Child.” “Finally, a romantic comedy about abortion,” raves the Los Angeles Times, among others. Then, there are the attacks — from the right wing … Continue reading
The actual final figures for last weekend’s box office take showed that “22 Jump Street” did a little worse — $57 million as opposed to close to $60 — than earlier estimates had indicated. And “How to Train Your Dragon … Continue reading