Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Teen Sailor goes Around Alone, "True Spirit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2014
Sequels, as “22 Jump Street” joked, are always “the same, only worse.”So any pretense of insight into the battle of the sexes and any real connection to stand-up comic turned self-appointed relationships expert Steve Harvey’s book, “Act Like a Lady, … Continue reading
Google the phrase “Abortion Comedy” and all the entries point you to one film — “Obvious Child.” “Finally, a romantic comedy about abortion,” raves the Los Angeles Times, among others. Then, there are the attacks — from the right wing … Continue reading
The actual final figures for last weekend’s box office take showed that “22 Jump Street” did a little worse — $57 million as opposed to close to $60 — than earlier estimates had indicated. And “How to Train Your Dragon … Continue reading