Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Streamable? Alex Gibney grapples with Russian election interference on behalf of Trump in "Agents of Chaos"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2014
Sequels, as “22 Jump Street” joked, are always “the same, only worse.”So any pretense of insight into the battle of the sexes and any real connection to stand-up comic turned self-appointed relationships expert Steve Harvey’s book, “Act Like a Lady, … Continue reading
Google the phrase “Abortion Comedy” and all the entries point you to one film — “Obvious Child.” “Finally, a romantic comedy about abortion,” raves the Los Angeles Times, among others. Then, there are the attacks — from the right wing … Continue reading
The actual final figures for last weekend’s box office take showed that “22 Jump Street” did a little worse — $57 million as opposed to close to $60 — than earlier estimates had indicated. And “How to Train Your Dragon … Continue reading