Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2014
In this year’s annual Tom Cruise sci-fi epic, he plays an over matched future soldier condemned to repeat the same botched D-Day invasion until he triumphs against the alien beasties who keep killing him and forcing him to start this … Continue reading
Movies and movie makers generally play by a set of rules. A story unfolds and a mystery unravels, and at some point it all starts to make sense. We count on it. “Borgman” breaks that covenant. Dutch director Alex Van … Continue reading
Mark Strong is such a great Brit-villain (“Sherlock Holmes,””Kick-Ass”) that he landed a part in that clever bad-guys-drive-Jaguars commercial that’s been making the rounds since the Super Bowl.So he’s cast against type as the hero of “Anna,” a solid if … Continue reading