Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The Internet sex trade comes a little too easily to this "Jezebel"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Trapped in a chat room haunting "Deadcon"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2014
The charms of “How to Train Your Dragon” are thinned a bit for its sequel, a cartoon with better animation and livelier action, if fewer jokes. If there’s one thing these sweet-message/great flying sequence movies don’t need is fewer jokes. … Continue reading
Science fiction cinema doesn’t get much more beautifully strange than “The Signal.” An alien-interaction thriller that borrows from generations of such films that preceded it, it has the visual tone, production design and especially sound design to rival the best … Continue reading
They should’ve killed him when they had the chance. Twas ever thus in revenge thrillers. The “hero” is wronged, injured, left for dead. Only he isn’t. And since he’s Guy “Memento” Pearce, we reckon there’ll be heck to pay. “The … Continue reading