Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2014
Next Interview: Questions for Chaz Ebert (Roger Ebert’s widow) and director Steve James re: “Life Itself”?
I remember that Siskel & Ebert were the first guys to alert me to the wonders of the great basketball documentary “Hoop Dreams.” So it’s fitting that Steve James, who directed it, did the interviews and directed the Ebert biographical … Continue reading
Octogenarian Clint Eastwood’s take on the Broadway musical about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, “Jersey Boys,” isn’t generating much love from America’s movie critics. With a no-star cast, songs fifty years past their pop expiration date (Don’t give me … Continue reading