Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2014
Next Interview: Questions for Chaz Ebert (Roger Ebert’s widow) and director Steve James re: “Life Itself”?
I remember that Siskel & Ebert were the first guys to alert me to the wonders of the great basketball documentary “Hoop Dreams.” So it’s fitting that Steve James, who directed it, did the interviews and directed the Ebert biographical … Continue reading
Octogenarian Clint Eastwood’s take on the Broadway musical about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, “Jersey Boys,” isn’t generating much love from America’s movie critics. With a no-star cast, songs fifty years past their pop expiration date (Don’t give me … Continue reading