Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 6, 2014
MIAMI BEACH — Canadians are easy to spot in Florida. Guys like Jay Baruchel don’t have to open their mouths and drop an “a-boat” or “I’ve never BEAN here before” to give away the game. They’re pink. “I’m like a … Continue reading
By day, Donna Stern works in Unoppressive Non-Imperialist Bargain Books sin Brooklyn. By night, the cute 28 year-old has a few drinks — and a few more — and gets up on stage at her favorite dive and does stand-up.It’s … Continue reading
Let’s hold this truth to be self-evident. Nobody ever changed his or her deep rooted political beliefs by watching a political documentary. Ever.Such films, from the Jerry Falwell backed attacks on the Clintons to Michael Moore’s Jeremiads, to “Hillary: The … Continue reading