Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Ozark legend conjures up a "Lost Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2014
It looks Disneyfied, which is to be expected — a live action take on “Sleeping Beauty” from the witch’s point of view is pretty much what we’d expect. This trailer has a lot more of the animated “Sleeping Beauty” to … Continue reading
SAG (Screen Actor’s Guild) honors “American Hustle,” Cate and Matthew, Producers go for “Gravity,” “12 Years a Slave”
The weekend’s round of awards shows produced one modest surprise. The Screen Actor’s Guild gave best supporting actress to Adepero Oduye from “12 Years a Slave.” That’s a performance that critics have boosted into the limelight, and it’s nice to … Continue reading
In her youth, Gloria hit the discos and danced the Chilean nights away, grooving to the Andrea True Connection and Umberto Tozzi’s song that used her name. “Gloria”, a song later remade in America by Laura Brannigan, is an ear … Continue reading
“Run & Jump” is an uncommonly offbeat and charmingly unconventional romance, an Irish comedy that lets itself get very serious, now and again, and is all the richer for it. Vanetia (Maxine Peake) is a vivacious 30something mother of two, … Continue reading
Paulina Garcia took the best actress prize at last year’s prestigious Berlin Film Festival for her performance in the title role in “Gloria.” And as Irish Times film critic Donald Clarke enthused, “It is hard to imagine the jury deliberated … Continue reading