Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Let's keep "Black Christmas" in the dark
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "6 Underground," let'em stay there
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2014
It looks Disneyfied, which is to be expected — a live action take on “Sleeping Beauty” from the witch’s point of view is pretty much what we’d expect. This trailer has a lot more of the animated “Sleeping Beauty” to … Continue reading
SAG (Screen Actor’s Guild) honors “American Hustle,” Cate and Matthew, Producers go for “Gravity,” “12 Years a Slave”
The weekend’s round of awards shows produced one modest surprise. The Screen Actor’s Guild gave best supporting actress to Adepero Oduye from “12 Years a Slave.” That’s a performance that critics have boosted into the limelight, and it’s nice to … Continue reading
In her youth, Gloria hit the discos and danced the Chilean nights away, grooving to the Andrea True Connection and Umberto Tozzi’s song that used her name. “Gloria”, a song later remade in America by Laura Brannigan, is an ear … Continue reading
“Run & Jump” is an uncommonly offbeat and charmingly unconventional romance, an Irish comedy that lets itself get very serious, now and again, and is all the richer for it. Vanetia (Maxine Peake) is a vivacious 30something mother of two, … Continue reading
Paulina Garcia took the best actress prize at last year’s prestigious Berlin Film Festival for her performance in the title role in “Gloria.” And as Irish Times film critic Donald Clarke enthused, “It is hard to imagine the jury deliberated … Continue reading