Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 17, 2014
Weekend movies — “Jack Ryan” passes, but poor grades for “Ride Along,” “Devil’s Due” and “Nut Job”
Paramount did itself no favors by showing “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit” to a few New York and LA and trade publication critics in advance, and stiffing the rest of us with screenings after deadline. The first wave of reviews — … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend movies — “Jack Ryan” passes, but poor grades for “Ride Along,” “Devil’s Due” and “Nut Job”
Movie Review: Only the dog has a clue in “Devil’s Due”
The dog knows. The dog always knows in movies about the Devil, because there’s the scent of Satan in the air. Maverick, a Setter, knows that something’s up with Samantha’s mysterious, post-honeymoon in Santo Domingo pregnancy. Her OB-GYN may not … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Only the dog has a clue in “Devil’s Due”