Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 23, 2014
Disney has decided that the Oscar nominated, months-long top ten box office presence of “Frozen” needs a little cherry on top of the icing of this $338 million-and-counting hit. So Jan. 31, they’re releasing digital sing-along prints of it — … Continue reading
He’s come a long way from being a British TV actor who could never, ever escape the ghost of Alan Partridge. Steve Coogan once mocked that trap in “Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story,” mocked the sanctity of Shakespeare … Continue reading
“Gimme Shelter” is a simplistic, faintly emotional account of a pregnant teen’s desperate search for help, support and compassion with the huge decision she faces. It’s simplistic because the script discounts debate over that decision and glosses over the messy … Continue reading