Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 5, 2014
A few surprises in the nominated films the WGA figured noteworthy from last year — original script, adapted script and documentary script. Woody Allen, Coen Brothers, “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze.Sure. “Before Midnight,” “Captain Phillips,” “August: Osage County,” “Dallas Buyers Club,” … Continue reading
A Tepid weekend at the box office, with holiday holdovers rounding up a few more bucks, pre-Oscar nominations (“American Hustle” is leading “Wolf of Wall Street” by a wide margin, which could shrink if the Oscars favor the latter). “Frozen” … Continue reading