Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 5, 2014
A few surprises in the nominated films the WGA figured noteworthy from last year — original script, adapted script and documentary script. Woody Allen, Coen Brothers, “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze.Sure. “Before Midnight,” “Captain Phillips,” “August: Osage County,” “Dallas Buyers Club,” … Continue reading
A Tepid weekend at the box office, with holiday holdovers rounding up a few more bucks, pre-Oscar nominations (“American Hustle” is leading “Wolf of Wall Street” by a wide margin, which could shrink if the Oscars favor the latter). “Frozen” … Continue reading