Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 9, 2014
She was up for the lead in “Saving Mr. Banks.” And she would have been great in it, co-starring with Tom Hanks, being a bit more age appropriate for P.L. Travers, being bitchy as all get out. But no, Meryl … Continue reading
True confession, I’m a fan. I’ve interviewed her before. She’s been pretty good in most everything she’s done, post “High School Musical.” Well, nobody was good in “Sucker Punch.” Vanessa Hudgens has been aggressively making that leap from teen idol … Continue reading
Twas ever thus — that January doth begin with a whimper, not a bang, movies-wise. Oscar contenders rolling into wider release, a bit of horror film counter-programming. And a sword-and-sorcery pic that A) isn’t being previewed early enough for pre-release … Continue reading