Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 9, 2014
She was up for the lead in “Saving Mr. Banks.” And she would have been great in it, co-starring with Tom Hanks, being a bit more age appropriate for P.L. Travers, being bitchy as all get out. But no, Meryl … Continue reading
True confession, I’m a fan. I’ve interviewed her before. She’s been pretty good in most everything she’s done, post “High School Musical.” Well, nobody was good in “Sucker Punch.” Vanessa Hudgens has been aggressively making that leap from teen idol … Continue reading
Twas ever thus — that January doth begin with a whimper, not a bang, movies-wise. Oscar contenders rolling into wider release, a bit of horror film counter-programming. And a sword-and-sorcery pic that A) isn’t being previewed early enough for pre-release … Continue reading