Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 15, 2014
Here are your Golden Raspberry (Razzie) nominations for the calendar year 2013. As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was a banner year for not just good movies, but really bad ones as well. I used to vote in this “contest,” … Continue reading
Ever wanted to know how to paint like a “Dutch Master”? Is there a trick to it, a technology that allows you and allowed, say, Vermeer, to cheat and create an effect? That’s the subject of “Tim’s Vermeer,” an inventor’s … Continue reading
If you’re going to make cartoons about critters, the late Chuck “Looney Toons” Jones used to preach, build them around the animal’s chief concern — survival. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are always avoiding the shotgun and the stew pot. … Continue reading