Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 15, 2014
Here are your Golden Raspberry (Razzie) nominations for the calendar year 2013. As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was a banner year for not just good movies, but really bad ones as well. I used to vote in this “contest,” … Continue reading
Ever wanted to know how to paint like a “Dutch Master”? Is there a trick to it, a technology that allows you and allowed, say, Vermeer, to cheat and create an effect? That’s the subject of “Tim’s Vermeer,” an inventor’s … Continue reading
If you’re going to make cartoons about critters, the late Chuck “Looney Toons” Jones used to preach, build them around the animal’s chief concern — survival. Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are always avoiding the shotgun and the stew pot. … Continue reading