Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 3, 2014
Yeah it does. A little TV glib, lots of TV actors from the series, a few cameos (Jamie Leigh, Jerry O.). Sass and mystery and a little action from our old friend, Kristen Bell. “Veronica Mars” opens March 14
It’s not a terrible movie, better than some installments in the franchise. And since the last film in the series did over $100 million, Paramount has high hopes for a movie it’s dumping on the first weekend of January. Maybe … Continue reading
With “Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones”, this found footage franchise abandons the lull you to sleep creepiness of found surveillance footage for full on shaky cam and an altogether more conventional horror movie plot. But as exhausted as this series … Continue reading