Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2014
Well, “All is Lost” plainly didn’t make enough money and have enough legs to give Robert Redford his last legitimate shot at a best actor Oscar. Bummer. His audience is as old as he is, and that wasn’t a help. … Continue reading
Tom Clancy’s C.I.A. analyst-hero Jack Ryan returns to the screen in a workmanlike if unoriginal and uninspiring reboot — “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.”Hardcore fans of espionage thrillers will recognize it as on a par with the least of the Jason … Continue reading
A little Kevin Hart goes a long way in “Ride Along,” a dull buddy picture engineered as a vehicle for the mini motor mouth and the perma-sneering Ice Cube.It’s mismatched cops on patrol in Atlanta in this “48 Hours/Bad Boys/Showtime/The … Continue reading