Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2014
Well, “All is Lost” plainly didn’t make enough money and have enough legs to give Robert Redford his last legitimate shot at a best actor Oscar. Bummer. His audience is as old as he is, and that wasn’t a help. … Continue reading
Tom Clancy’s C.I.A. analyst-hero Jack Ryan returns to the screen in a workmanlike if unoriginal and uninspiring reboot — “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.”Hardcore fans of espionage thrillers will recognize it as on a par with the least of the Jason … Continue reading
A little Kevin Hart goes a long way in “Ride Along,” a dull buddy picture engineered as a vehicle for the mini motor mouth and the perma-sneering Ice Cube.It’s mismatched cops on patrol in Atlanta in this “48 Hours/Bad Boys/Showtime/The … Continue reading