Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 16, 2014
Well, “All is Lost” plainly didn’t make enough money and have enough legs to give Robert Redford his last legitimate shot at a best actor Oscar. Bummer. His audience is as old as he is, and that wasn’t a help. … Continue reading
Tom Clancy’s C.I.A. analyst-hero Jack Ryan returns to the screen in a workmanlike if unoriginal and uninspiring reboot — “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.”Hardcore fans of espionage thrillers will recognize it as on a par with the least of the Jason … Continue reading
A little Kevin Hart goes a long way in “Ride Along,” a dull buddy picture engineered as a vehicle for the mini motor mouth and the perma-sneering Ice Cube.It’s mismatched cops on patrol in Atlanta in this “48 Hours/Bad Boys/Showtime/The … Continue reading