Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2021
This Nov. 5 release has a genuinely unsettling trailer, which is sometimes a good sign. Oh yes, I’ll be reviewing this.
As madcap, slapstick Norwegian bloodbath comedies go, “I Onde Dager (In Bad Times)” isn’t half bad. Dark, grisly, suspenseful and laugh-out-loud funny, it sometimes skips and sometimes lopes along — scored to jaunty Norwegian pop, rock and an unforgettable Norske … Continue reading
Hand it to the Brits who conjured up “They’re Outside,” a never-quite-reaches-lukewarm thriller in the “found footage” “Blair Witch” mold. They conceived a movie about a documentary shot as an unlicensed Youtube psychotherapist videoed himself trying to “cure” a woman’s … Continue reading