Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 31, 2021
“Hypnotic” isn’t the first movie about hypnosis and murder. That would be “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari,” which hit theaters back in 1920. And it’s not the worst, which has too many candidates to choose just one “winner.” But while … Continue reading
Asghar Farhadi earned an Oscar nomination for “A Separation.” His latest is a tale of debtor’s prison and a two day leave aimed at getting a debtor to wipe away that debt. “A Hero” comes to North American cinemas Jan. … Continue reading