Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 11, 2021
Worms and Chalamet and Aquaman and memories of Lynch. Here we go.
It’s not stopped, it’s not gone away. They’ve just gotten nice cinematography for this latest twice on the venerable franchise. “Next of Kin” comes to Paramount Plus Oct 29. Theaters too?
There’s a rich Hollywood tradition of glib treatment of the mentally ill — movies with the medically disastrous “all they really need is love” message. The simplistic melodrama “My Brother, My Sister (Mio fratello mia sorella)” flirts with giving us … Continue reading
Eliza Coupe, Chris Baker and Eric Roberts star in this bit of murder camp, opening Oct 22.
If you like movies with “pluck,” here’s one that uses the phrase “up by your bootstraps” more than once. And there’s nothing more plucky or All American than that. “Women is Losers” is a tale of Latina struggle and overcoming … Continue reading