Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 30, 2021
If you have cable, streaming or broadcast HDTV access to The Western Channel or Grit, Movies! and the like you’re never far removed from stumbling across the work of Anthony Mann, an auteur in the “man’s man” movies corner of … Continue reading
Oscar winner Sandra B is fresh out of prison, a “cop killer” who did 20 years. Oscar winner Viola Davis, Vincent D’Onofrio and Richard Thomas co-star in this Dec. 10 Netflix release.
A steep Friday to Friday falloff points to “Dune” managing maybe $15-16 million its second weekend. That’s a 62% dip, and that’s if everything pans out for it Sat and Sunday. It’s doing ok in theaters, but not great. Considering … Continue reading
With “Last Night in Soho,” Edgar Wright takes us back to the oft-romanticized “Swinging London” of the 1960s for the year’s most striking thriller, another jewel in the crown of star Anya Taylor-Joy, the anime-eyed “It girl” du jour. It’s … Continue reading