Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2021
If you have any fondness at all for the movie, the myth that was “Ghostbusters,” here’s the definitive “How we made that” documentary about the comic blockbuster of 1984. Me? I got the warm fuzzies for actor and co-writer Harold … Continue reading
I can’t count the number of movie or TV characters I’ve run into in American or international films or TV who explain their flippant fluency in American English with the line, “I learned it watching Hollywood movies.” It’s an accepted … Continue reading
And so it goes…Nov. 19? Fascinating figure, captivating writer, a great subject for a biographical documentary.
“Keep it simple, stupid” is something many a screenwriter should keep taped on her or his keyboard when conjuring up a movie. That’s particularly beneficial if you’re trafficking in screen thrillers. Judging from his movies, I’m guessing writer-director Hadi Hajaig … Continue reading