Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 12, 2021
Scott Adkins, Ashley Green and Ryan Phillippe star in this Nov. 5 release, which the CIA and the Navy SEALS trying to avert a dirty bomb disaster. The title also refers to this being a story filmed in “one take” … Continue reading
Looking forward to this one, mainly because of the history of the franchise and Jamie Lee and Judy Greer. Bitterly disappointed that this Australian trailer wasn’t dubbed into…Australian.
Why would actor, writer and director Miles Doleac (“Hallowed Ground,” “The Dinner Party”) set his latest horror fiasco in Der Black Forest of Deutschland? Did he meet folks he’d eventually cast in it at a continuing education class, Conversational German? … Continue reading
The French leader, WWII hero and long-serving president of post-war France is remembered in his first blush of fame, trying to keep France in the fight while badgering Churchill for aid and standing in London after the French surrender in … Continue reading
“She Paradise” arrives in North America just as the first snows hit — mid-November. A little island patois and Jamaican music, post-Marley, and some seriously sexy dancers.
Todd Haynes, director of the Dylan-of-Many-Faces biography “I’m and Not There” and glam/punk appreciation “Velvet Goldmine,” isn’t interested in spoon-feeding anybody a history of “The Velvet Underground.” Haynes figures if you show up for it (Apple TV+ has it), you … Continue reading
Neve Campbell had me at “I’ve been through this…a lot.” Next year. Looks like mostly an homage to the original. And it looks like it works.