Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 26, 2021
It takes its title from the duration of a tornado passing through an Oklahoma town — “13 Minutes.” And the twister, when it supercells its way in, is hellishly real and a damned sight better than anything managed in the … Continue reading
The Polish comic thriller “In for a Murder” only finds its sweet spot briefly, and then only very late in the third act. Veteran writer-director Piotr Mularuk (“Zuma”) was going for something light, a frothy murder mystery which has been … Continue reading
Movie Review: Animated Sword & Scorcery with blood and guts and Full Frontal nudity — “The Spine of Night”
“The Spine of Night” is a reasonably good-looking — and gory — animated sword and sorcery saga for adults, a movie set in a wholly-realized fantasy world, but lacking a story or characters that invite us to invest ourselves in … Continue reading
The giddy whimsy that’s been Wes Anderson’s brand since his earliest films is more subdued, the ornate, baroque world of “family” or “family where you find it” a lot more cluttered in “The French Dispatch.” Let others make intermission-length Netflix … Continue reading