Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 24, 2021
“Luzzu” is a simple but gripping drama about a Maltese fisherman facing the end of his generations-long profession in a world of globe-trotting trawlers, international trade and climate change. Its star is a real-life Maltese fisherman, a man so intimately … Continue reading
Man, what was in that brownie I finished off lunch with? “The Magical Journey” plays as some kind of half-arsed, trippy flashback to the Bad Old Days of Eastern Bloc children’s cinema. It’s a kids fantasy with a trio of … Continue reading
The latest reboot of “Dune” opened to enthusiastic reviews, some less enthusiastic than others. And its first weekend it hit a healthy but underwhelming $40.1 million at the box office. Yes, it’s long. And yes, it is sci fi and … Continue reading
Many a long, poetic scene decorates the John Patrick Shanley (“Moonstruck”) Irish romance “Wild Mountain Thyme,” just two characters talking, the way the Irish do, about “waiting” which the Irish also do. That might explain why this light charmer starring … Continue reading