Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2021
A dramedy about a porn star who comes home to his small town? This one opens in Dec.
This one earns limited release Nov. 2.
A parable about parenting and a grim fairytale about grief and the Natural Order of Things, “Lamb” might be the oddest film you settle in for this year. Special effects technician turned director Valdimar Jóhannsson conjures up an Icelandic story both … Continue reading
“Sweet Thing,” the latest film from veteran indie filmmaker Alexandre Rockwell is an ambling, self-consciously arty and yet utterly conventional coming-of-age drama starring his children, Lana and Nico. If you only remember his breakthrough film, 1992’s wry “In the Soup,” … Continue reading
“Lust Life Love” sets out to be a “Polyamorous Sex in the City” with a lot more sex, a bit less glamour and no fun at all. Writer, co-director and star Stephanie Sellars takes a shot at lifting her acting … Continue reading