Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A kidnapping, a kidnapper lost "In the Shadow of Iris"
- Movie Review: "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2021
A dramedy about a porn star who comes home to his small town? This one opens in Dec.
This one earns limited release Nov. 2.
A parable about parenting and a grim fairytale about grief and the Natural Order of Things, “Lamb” might be the oddest film you settle in for this year. Special effects technician turned director Valdimar Jóhannsson conjures up an Icelandic story both … Continue reading
“Sweet Thing,” the latest film from veteran indie filmmaker Alexandre Rockwell is an ambling, self-consciously arty and yet utterly conventional coming-of-age drama starring his children, Lana and Nico. If you only remember his breakthrough film, 1992’s wry “In the Soup,” … Continue reading
“Lust Life Love” sets out to be a “Polyamorous Sex in the City” with a lot more sex, a bit less glamour and no fun at all. Writer, co-director and star Stephanie Sellars takes a shot at lifting her acting … Continue reading