Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Grifter by Any Other Name? "Sharper"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Dolly Impersonator struggles to be "Seriously Red"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2021
A dramedy about a porn star who comes home to his small town? This one opens in Dec.
This one earns limited release Nov. 2.
A parable about parenting and a grim fairytale about grief and the Natural Order of Things, “Lamb” might be the oddest film you settle in for this year. Special effects technician turned director Valdimar Jóhannsson conjures up an Icelandic story both … Continue reading
“Sweet Thing,” the latest film from veteran indie filmmaker Alexandre Rockwell is an ambling, self-consciously arty and yet utterly conventional coming-of-age drama starring his children, Lana and Nico. If you only remember his breakthrough film, 1992’s wry “In the Soup,” … Continue reading
“Lust Life Love” sets out to be a “Polyamorous Sex in the City” with a lot more sex, a bit less glamour and no fun at all. Writer, co-director and star Stephanie Sellars takes a shot at lifting her acting … Continue reading