Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 21, 2021
The director did “Dodgeball” and “We’re the Millers” and DJohnson’s “Central Intelligence” is behind this Netflix comedy/thriller, about an art thief hunted by Interpol, among others. We’ll see what Rawson Marshall Thurber finds funny in all this Nov. 12.
In the late spring of 1951, John Ford and his repertory company decamped from Monument Valley and Hollywood and took passage — paid for by B-Western house Republic Pictures — to The Old Country, the Eire of John Ford’s imagination. … Continue reading
This Netflix drama stars Oscar winner Olivia Colman as a haunted mother of “two daughters” on holiday, running into a mother (Dakota Johnson) distracted and overwhelmed and perhaps disinterested in hers. Ed Harris, Peter Sarsgaard and Jessie Buckley also star … Continue reading
Given away, “groomed” for a 19th century life of prostitution, this adaptation of a Francine Rivers stars Abigail Cowen and features Famke Janssen as a villain. Jan. 21.