Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2021
The hardboiled gumshoe likes his cigars skinny, his razor dull, his women curvaceous and compliant and his sex with spanking. Must be British. A meandering, dawdling murder mystery two and a half bloody hours long? Must be a TV movie … Continue reading
Oct. 29 this supernatural thriller comes our way.
The movie production instincts are on the money, as far as “There’s Someone Inside Your House” goes. Every generation needs its “Scream,” so let’s adapt YA novelist Stephanie Perkins’ book and get it on Netflix where all the YAs’ll see … Continue reading
Before the term “Shoah” was coined, before “Holocaust” was became the worldwide term for the mass murder of European Jews, Gypsies, Slavs and homosexuals of many races, the “denial” was well-established. Then, as now, Nazis pretended the murder of millions … Continue reading