Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? Documentary "Pamela" gives Anderson a chance at Her Side of "A Love Story"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: Dave Bautista tries not to scare the kid with his "Knock at the Cabin"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 29, 2021
Leave it to Mother Russia to come up with the most complex nesting doll of a series, a darkly comic tale of suspense and interlocking stories originally produced for Russian TV. “An Ordinary Woman” reeks of cultural rot and personal … Continue reading
This Searchlight thriller has a whiff of some of the smart horror coming out of A24 these days. Rebecca Hall stars in “The Night House,” a mirror image mind-game tale from the director of “The Ritual.” It’s coming our way … Continue reading
“Your parents. They visited.” “That’s impossible. My parents are dead…” “Then who are they?” “Nobody?” “They visited. Who are they?” “Nobody. Nobody came over.” “You know them. Who ARE they?” “Demons.” “The Believer” is a creepy pseudo-intellectual horror story, a … Continue reading
Submitted for your persusal…an April 23 adaptation of H.P.’s “writings.”
Book Review: A new take on the oft-filmed novelist/screenwriter Graham Greene — “The Unquiet Englishman”
In the last weeks of his life, a visitor urged the British novelist, playwright, screenwriter and poet to look back over his storied career and take pride. “A few, yes, are good books,” the author of “The End of the … Continue reading