Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Poland's "The Getaway King (Najmro)" has style, wit and panache
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Movie Review: Chinese and in Japan? He'll never fit in without "Complicity"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 22, 2021
Next Screening? Dame Judi and that rascal Eddie Izzard on the cusp of WWII — “Six Minutes to Midnight”
Knowing a movie like this is on my calendar is what gets me up in the morning. Opens Friday.
A vegan vampire hunter sits — I’m envisioning the lotus position — on the horns of a dilemma. Pretty hard to reconcile those competing agendas. “First of all, no hurting…or killing.” No “stakes,” in other words. Or steaks. But if … Continue reading
Deep sea treasure hunters become Bank of Spain robbers in “The Vault,” a heist picture built on “The Italian Job” model, only without the laughs. The criminal masterminds are British and there’s a hint of jingoism in their quest. They’re … Continue reading
Man, who had weaselly Bob Odenkirk as The New Liam Neeson in the “savage cinema of the future” pool? The “Saturday Night Live” writer, “Drunk History” mainstay, dopey “How I Met Your Mother” boss and “Breaking Bad” breakout/spinoff star completes … Continue reading
So many (rhetorical) questions. What DID bad guys look like before three-day stubble was perfected by Don Johnson? What did they drive in the years before the black Excursions and Escalades? “Enhanced” is a unimaginative and generally drab sci-fi thriller … Continue reading
Writers Guild honors “Promising Young Woman,” “Borat Subsequent” (and “Ted Lasso” and “Queens Gambit”) with WGA Awards
Still mystified at all this support of the script for the mockumentary “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.” But Emerald Fennell’s scalding script for “Promising Young Woman” is the real deal amd worthy of its Oscar momentum, even if I would’vd voted for … Continue reading