Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Film Review: Matthau Stars, Directs and flirts with his future wife in "Gangster Story" (1959)
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? Norwegians serve up "Jaws" with Claws in "Viking Wolf"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? "Infiesto" -- A Piquant Pandemic Police Procedural from Spain
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2021
Ready to head down the rabbit hole of the unsolved murders of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur? Well, so am I. Let the author of a book that investigated the crime,”LAbyrinth,” and the director of “The Lincoln Lawyer” take us … Continue reading
March 27 this doc comes out. HBO is showing this, and while they’re usually good at promoting/pitching their docs to critics, I haven’t heard a peep out of them about this one. Figures. The one EVERYbody is anxious to see, … Continue reading
So much for “Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm,” right? Well, a screenplay (!?) nomination and best supporting actress nod will do. The screenplay nomination was for a LOT of writers, which helps explain it. And Sacha Baron Cohen was nominated as an … Continue reading
It begins with mercenaries massacring a village in the Republic of Georgia, because they won’t accept a gas pipeline scheduled to pass through it. It prematurely climaxes with an attack on a Eurostar Chunnel train, passengers popped without pity by … Continue reading
“Happily” is a dark fantasy parable about marriage with a good cast, a little edge but not nearly enough wit or clever twists to come off. It’s about that “perfect” couple that drives all their friends nuts and the idea … Continue reading