Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2021
Ready to head down the rabbit hole of the unsolved murders of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur? Well, so am I. Let the author of a book that investigated the crime,”LAbyrinth,” and the director of “The Lincoln Lawyer” take us … Continue reading
March 27 this doc comes out. HBO is showing this, and while they’re usually good at promoting/pitching their docs to critics, I haven’t heard a peep out of them about this one. Figures. The one EVERYbody is anxious to see, … Continue reading
So much for “Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm,” right? Well, a screenplay (!?) nomination and best supporting actress nod will do. The screenplay nomination was for a LOT of writers, which helps explain it. And Sacha Baron Cohen was nominated as an … Continue reading
It begins with mercenaries massacring a village in the Republic of Georgia, because they won’t accept a gas pipeline scheduled to pass through it. It prematurely climaxes with an attack on a Eurostar Chunnel train, passengers popped without pity by … Continue reading
“Happily” is a dark fantasy parable about marriage with a good cast, a little edge but not nearly enough wit or clever twists to come off. It’s about that “perfect” couple that drives all their friends nuts and the idea … Continue reading