Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Never bet against "Notorious Nick" in the Octagon
- Movie Review: A Different "Suicide Squad," a Lot More Laughs, and Slaughter
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 15, 2021
Ready to head down the rabbit hole of the unsolved murders of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur? Well, so am I. Let the author of a book that investigated the crime,”LAbyrinth,” and the director of “The Lincoln Lawyer” take us … Continue reading
March 27 this doc comes out. HBO is showing this, and while they’re usually good at promoting/pitching their docs to critics, I haven’t heard a peep out of them about this one. Figures. The one EVERYbody is anxious to see, … Continue reading
So much for “Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm,” right? Well, a screenplay (!?) nomination and best supporting actress nod will do. The screenplay nomination was for a LOT of writers, which helps explain it. And Sacha Baron Cohen was nominated as an … Continue reading
It begins with mercenaries massacring a village in the Republic of Georgia, because they won’t accept a gas pipeline scheduled to pass through it. It prematurely climaxes with an attack on a Eurostar Chunnel train, passengers popped without pity by … Continue reading
“Happily” is a dark fantasy parable about marriage with a good cast, a little edge but not nearly enough wit or clever twists to come off. It’s about that “perfect” couple that drives all their friends nuts and the idea … Continue reading