Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Preview: The dystopia is further in the future than Twitter suggests --"2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Hyped "A Better Life" is just a pale imitation of "Bicycle Thieves"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 26, 2021
The mythic Japanese Namahage demon is a sort of twisted, monstrous “You’d better watch out, you’d better not cry, better not pout” character meant to give little children character and “good ethics” as they grow up. In the corner of … Continue reading
“Better Days” is a searing indictment of bullying culture and China’s insanely intense college admissions system, all tucked into a sadly compelling romantic thriller. The added-attention of an Oscar nomination gives a welcome boost to a movie much of the … Continue reading
If Hollywood is going to give screenwriting Oscar nominations to “Borat” movies, brace yourself for pranks, pranks and more pranks pictures. “Bad Trip” is more at the “Bad Grandpa” with Johnny Knoxville end of the practical joke pictures spectrum. A … Continue reading
The first names that come to mind when you hear the literary term “magical realism” are South American, the second Bengali, and so on down the line. But Iranian actress/author Shahrnoush Parsipour took her shot at this blend of harsh … Continue reading