Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 5, 2021
Jason Bateman and Bobby Cannavale join the…fun? This doesn’t look funny at all, but well — we’ll just have to see. April 9 on Netflix.
Joe Manganiello, Ellar Coltrane, Helena Howard, Elena Kampouris and Thomas Lennon star in this ’80s tale of alt-rock/indie rock fans who turn “fanatic” when Manchester’s own The Smiths decide to hang it up. Joe Man-Jello as a DJ? Totally see … Continue reading
“Sentinelle” is a French vengeance tale that dispenses with developing peripheral characters and concentrates solely on its long she-wolf heroine. But even she is short-changed in this tight but illogical skips-a step-or-three thriller. The Ukrainian model-turned actress Olga Kurylenko, of … Continue reading
Damn. No over-budgeted, under-scripted thirty-years-too-late Eddie Murphy sequel should EVER deliver as many smiles as “Coming 2 America.” Not enough funny lines? Maybe a miscalculation, setting most of this “fish out of water” story in Africa instead of Queens? But … Continue reading
“Xico’s Journey” is a cheerful, colorfully-animated and culturally-aware Mexican cartoon about legend and myth and two kids and a dog who want to save their picturesque village from fracking. Although it scores points for tapping into Mexican heritage and myth … Continue reading