Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: "Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City" misses by a Milla
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2021
All over Istanbul, entrepreneurial scavengers pull junk carts, filling the canvas bags on those carts with recyclable cans, liquor bottles and especially cardboard. A lot of them are orphans, the street children of the city who grew up on this … Continue reading
I’ve interviewed Olympia Dukakis a few times over the years, but let me tell you about catching the Oscar winner, stage legend and TV acting icon on a bad day. She was just recovering from an injury, but had gamely … Continue reading
The best moments in the Netflix comedy “Yes Day” don’t involve slapstick — although there’s some of that. They don’t come from the list of scenes that include the big water balloon fight, driving through the car wash with the … Continue reading